As a business owner, you know that the success of your business rises and falls on the quality of your team.
Those individuals you gather around you to provide the best service possible to your clients and community.
When thinking about a rockstar team, I can’t help but immediately think about the 321GoProject team.
There is something uniquely special about this group.
This includes a chemistry, a connection, a genuine care for each other and for each other’s success, but there is also a deep and unified care for those clients we have the privilege to work with.
There is a generosity to freely share any resources that have taken these individuals months, even years, to create if it means that, as a result, a gym owner will benefit from it and be more successful. If you’re part of Hub, you know this to be true.
What makes our team different than we’ve ever been before is that it’s not (at all) about one person. Not about that one person who needs to shoot the ball every time.
It’s about the strength of our team – all individuals coming together to be one mighty force.
The crazy thing is that we’re a virtual team, so we see each other mostly on video and communicate through Slack, but somehow it works. I mean, really works. And when we do have the privilege to get together in person, it’s like hanging out with your best friends. I’ve been a part of many teams in the past, but I’ve never been a part of something like this.
Clay, our founder, has masterfully weeded out the ones who had different agendas and values, and has assembled quite literally the dream team.
We thought it’d be fun to give you a backstage introduction to each of these stellar individuals, in hopes that you determine in your own business to not settle for warm bodies, or center of attention people, or people who aren’t team players. These people are a cancer of sorts and will, unfortunately, slowly erode the foundation of what you work so hard to build every day.
A GLIMPSE INTO WHO WE ARE…
Clay – our bearded, joke-telling, flannel-wearing, sidecar-driving, accordion-playing, Iowa-living (but heart in Park City) fearless, absolutely amazing, servant leader.
Matt – our process-driven, drum-playing, strategic-thinking, bourbon drinking, smart as hell, Maggie-lovin’, Kansas City-ite
Julie – our adventure-seeking, cocktail-mixing, water-loving, out of the box thinking, #GSD Charlestonian sister of the boss-man
Stefan – our off-the-charts-relational-master, wine (or beer, or bourbon, etc. etc. etc) drinking, full of humor, big-hearted New Jersian ninja.
Ashley – our kind-hearted, insatiable learning, quiet force to be reckoned with, loyal to the core Indy.
Lindsey – our badass, genuine, blonde-haired, beach-volleyball-playing, passionate Californian.
Don – our excessive gif-using, king of comedic appearances, most gigantic heart on this planet Floridian.
Kris – our behind the scenes, do-it-all, happy to help, family-loving Canadian.
Vanessa – our thick-accented, life of the party, most hilarious, full of life Minnesotan.
Chris – our get-shit-done, Tom-Cruise-dopplegang’ing, business-starting, celebrity-TV-starring, kind-hearted Floridian.
Molly – our super encouraging, hard rock lovin’, genuine lover of everyone, adult-beverage-drinking Seattle-ite.
PJ – our nutrition-focused, (bad) joke telling :), sit back and take it all in, dog-loving, cream of the crop Oregonian hipster.
Eli – our world traveling, most awesome, jack-of-all-trades, funniest personality, nomadic son of the boss-man.
Dane – our hard-working, confidently humble, truly genuine Charlestonian family man.
Jamie – our integrity-filled, most hilariously dry sense of humor, loyal, wickedly smart, Willy-and-Ohio-State-loving Virginian.
We asked each of our team members “If you had one question to ask each other, what would you want to know?” Below are the questions, and then graphics with the answers. You’ll see we are really different, but the core of us is virtually the same – love people genuinely and help in any way we can to contribute to their success.
- Person you would choose to be stranded with on a deserted island (not a relative) and why?
- What’s the scariest thing you’ve done in your life but were so glad you did?
- What are your three truths in life?
- What is your most favorite thing about yourself?
- What CrossFit movement would you most hate to perform naked?
- If you today could go back and talk to you on the day you opened your gym, what would you tell yourself?
- Who has been your biggest mentor throughout your life?
- What’s one thing you had to overcome in your life?
- If you were any animal what animal would you be and why?
- If you could live for a day in somebody else’s shoes, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- If you were forced to karaoke just one song for a chance to win $10K what song would you choose?
- What is your favorite thing to do to relax?
- What’s one thing you are excited about implementing in your business?
- If you could do dinner and drinks with one person, real or imagined (e.g. Superman), who would you choose and why?
- In one sentence, what does success look like to you?
OUR ANSWERS TO THE 15 QUESTIONS…
That’s it… that’s us. Nice to meet you!! If we can ever help, please don’t hesitate to reach out! 🙂