I recently read a great article that got me thinking… there is a lot of misleading advice out there about websites.
The facts in the article are spot on, and include things like:
- A two-year-old website may be too old.
- Your website’s code helps it to appeal to search engines.
- Images and videos can have a positive or a negative impact on your website.
- There’s a big difference between responsive and mobile web design.
There’s a lot to take into consideration when building your website. How do you make sense of it all?
Problem is, there are too many well-intended people out there who don’t have proper experience, who then use their platform to give poor website and brand-building guidance; ultimately, leading others down dead end paths of frustration.
It’s hard to know who to believe, and who you can trust. As with most anything related to technology, it’s never as simple as “Google it, then D-I-Y”.
A few of the things we’ve heard recently:
- “With enough research and self-study, you can build your website yourself.” (probably some of the worst advice, especially if you don’t have any experience with building websites, SEO, optimization, lead generation, building your email list, etc.) Sure, you can cobble stuff together, but it will greatly limit your ability to be found and stand out from the competition. Guaranteed!
- “You don’t need anyone else to help run your business. You can basically do it all.” How does the phrase go? “Jack of all trades, Master of none.”
- “My website looks great, but is it bringing ongoing leads in the door?” This is the most important question you should ask yourself, whether you did it yourself or paid to have it done professionally.
Your website will be one of your strongest tools to help you achieve your goals and fuel your business. If it’s built correctly with lead-generation in mind.
You would never allow a coach to train your members if they didn’t know what they were doing. So, why is it that we’re okay with our website – which is typically the first impression people will ever have of us – being less than stellar? It’s what gets people to your door.
So… that begs an answer to the question – how do you know if your website is helping your business grow?
To help with this, we have a really cool website audit tool for you. In less than a minute, and for free, this tool will show the strengths and weaknesses of your website. We want you to be confident that the first impression you give is a good one.
The Website Audit includes:
- A Website report
- Competitive site analysis option
- Opportunity for 1-on-1 specific advice on your website and report
[button color=”extra-color-1″ hover_text_color_override=”#fff” size=”large” url=”https://321goproject.com/website-audit-form/” text=”Check out the website audit tool for your own website” color_override=””]
We’re in the business of constructing professional websites that help gyms build their brand, tell their story, get more leads, and retain more members. And, in addition, we’ve relentlessly dedicated ourselves to staying current in this ever-changing world of technology. (BTW, our website plan includes a new website every 2 years at no extra cost.)
Once you get your website report, we’d love to chat with you about specific ways you can improve your site. Getting the report is good. Doing something about it is better.
If you don’t decide to use our services, please get the facts before you end up spending considerable extra time and money trying to do it on your own, or hiring someone who doesn’t keep current with the continually changing landscape of website development.
Believe it or not, our lead-generating website costs less than 2 members in your gym. (Yeah, really.) 🙂
To Your Continued Success!
Clay and the 321Go Team